ON the call of united pro-freedom leadership, Kashmiris observed Jumat-ul-Vida as Yaum-al-Quds to seek resolution of Kashmir and Palestine issues.
To protest against the illegal occupation of Masjid Aqsa by Israel, forceful occupation of Jammu Kashmir at the hands of India and bloodshed in Muslim-majority areas, people of Jammu Kashmir, along with Muslims of rest of the world, are observing Juma-tul-Vida as Youm-e-Quds, the leadership said in a statement.
Stressing on resolving Kashmir and Palestine issues as per the wishes and aspirations of the people and seeking to attract the attention of the world community on Youm-e-Quds, the joint resistance leadership passed resolutions, which are being presented before the people in all Jamia Masjids, Khankahs, Imam Baras and shrines of Kashmir for their approval.
The resolutions prepared by the joint resistance leadership read:
1. This representative assembly wants to make it clear that Indian occupation of Jammu Kashmir is illegal constitutionally, legally and morally and the majority community is carrying a struggle against this occupation for the past seven decades. Jammu Kashmir is a disputed region, which is a reality for which finding a peaceful, long-lasting and acceptable solution as per the wishes and aspirations of the people and keeping their sacrifices in mind is an essential need of the times.
2. This representative assembly wants to make it clear that the people of Jammu Kashmir have been striving for their just right of self-determination for the past seven decades by carrying a peaceful struggle and the international community has accepted the just struggle of Kashmiri people. As such, this assembly urges the United Nations and international community to help Kashmiri people get their just rights by taking meaningful steps.
3. The assembly resolves to oppose the settlement of displaced Kashmiri Pandits in separate townships and setting up of colonies for retired Sainiks (troops) and stand up against any decision taken against the collective interests of people of Kashmir making it clear that the any moves aimed at weakening their political, economic, religious, and social rights would be opposed tooth and nail.
4. The assembly wants to make it clear that Jammu Kashmir is a Muslim-majority region and under the grab of various anti-Kashmir policies and plans of RSS and its local collaborators, attempts are being made to alter the demography of the region which would not be allowed. The Assembly appeals the Muslims of Kashmir to work for unity and brotherhood which are must for communal and sectarian brotherhood besides the success of the ongoing resistance movement. The Assembly urges people to show all the more consistency and resolve in carrying the movement forward.
5. The assembly demanded imposition of ban on the sale and consumption of all intoxicating materials including liquor and narcotics drugs in the Muslim-majority state of Jammu Kashmir and terms the governments recent decision of not imposing ban on their sale and consumption as condemnable and resolves to continue an agitation against it.
6. The representative assembly condemns the crackdown on Ulema and Imams and stifling of their religious activities and insulting statements by the government against them every other day and believes that this is religious interference and an attempt to curb their religious activities.
7. The assembly condemns the harassment and assault of people, arrests and curbs on peaceful activities of the resistance leadership, their house arrests, detentions and arrests and makes it clear that assaults, killings, and arrests would bring no results to the government.
8. The assembly appeals the responsible nations of the Islamic world to help end the illegal occupation of Israel on Masjid Aqsa by launching a world-wide agitation to protect the right to religious freedom of Muslims.
9. The Assembly expresses concern over the atmosphere of uncertainty in Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, and Kashmir and killings of unarmed people in these places and appeals the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to come to the rescue of Muslim Ummah by taking immediate steps in resolving their problems.
10. The Assembly calls for immediate release of political prisoners of Kashmir from various jails and detention centres in Jammu Kashmir and different Indian states ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr.
As per the programme, the unified resistance leadership is presenting these resolutions before the people of Jammu Kashmir at Jamia Masjid Srinagar on Juma-tul-Vida and seeking their approval.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.