Munch on cashews, berries and chocolate to counter ill-effects of an unhealthy lifestyle, says an expert
1. Avocados: These fruits are loaded with nutrients including vitamin E, vitamin B and potassium. By controlling hunger and regulating sugar levels in the blood, avocado helps in reducing stress immensely.
2. Cashews: They are rich in zinc which plays a major role in tackling depression and anxiety.
3. Berries: Berries are a good source of vitamin C that is a great stress-buster in itself.
4. Chocolate: It imparts a feel-good-factor and reduces stress as well.
5. Green tea: It also helps in improving mental performance and activating the brain cells.
6. Banana: Bananas are rich in potassium that is a natural source of vital mineral, which helps to normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your bodys water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be re-balanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
7. Walnuts: Having walnuts helps one to combat stress and stay calmer and happier even on a hectic day.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.