Here are the 15 highlights of the CMP:
1) To meet the political and economic objectives of the alliance, it is important to create an environment of peace, certainty and stability.
2) The government will be transformed into a 'smart government' which will be pro-active, transparent and accountable.
3) It shall be the mission of the government to be the most ethical state in the country from the present day position of being the most corrupt state.
4) The overall economic policy will align the economic structure of Jammu and Kashmir with its own resources, skills and society.
5) The government will ensure genuine autonomy of institutions of probity which include the state accountability commission, vigilance commission, which will be re-designated as transparency commission and an organisation which deals with the Right to Information Act.
6) Following the principles of "Insaniyat, Kashmiriyat and Jamhooriyat" of the earlier NDA government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the state government will facilitate and help initiate a sustained and meaningful dialogue with all internal stakeholders which include political groups irrespective of their ideological views and predilections.
The dialogue will seek to build a broad based consensus on resolution of all outstanding issues of the state.
7) The government will examine the need for de-notifying disturbed areas which will as a consequence enable the union government to take a final view on the continuation of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) in these areas.
8) Article 370: The present position will be maintained on all constitutional provisions including special status.
9) Dialogue with Hurriyat Conference: The coalition government will facilitate sustained dialogue with all stakeholders irrespective of their ideological views.
10) All the land other than those given to the security forces on the basis of lease, licenses and acquisition under the provision of the land acquisition act shall be returned to the rightful owners except in a situation where retaining the land is absolutely imperative in view of a specific security requirement.
11) The government will work out a one-time settlement for refugees from Pakistan and Pak Kashmir of 1947, 1965 and 1971.
12) The government will take measures for sustenance and livelihood of the West Pakistan refugees.
13) It will extend all benefits accruing to the people living on the Line of Control (LoC) to the people living on the international border.
14) It will secure a share in the profits of NHPC emanating from Jammu and Kashmir's waters to the state government.
15) It will reverse all royalty agreements with NHPC.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.