2 Die, 6 Hospitalized After Having Dinner in Bandipore

0Shares

SRINAGAR: In a tragic incident two members of a family died and six others were taken ill immediately after taking dinner in their home in Bandipore Tuesday night.

“Two sisters died while six others were shifted to hospital in unconscious condition after having dinner last evening in Bandipore area”, police said today.

Station House Officer Bandipore, Showkat Abdullah said that eight members of the family of Ghulam Mohammad Lone, resident of Mangnipora Bandipore fell unconscious after having dinner last night probably due to food poisoning.

 “All of them were shifted to hospital for treatment where two sisters, 9-year-old Meena and Gulshan Bano, daughters of Ghulam Mohammad died,” SHO said, adding that other members were later rushed to Srinagar’s SMHS Hospital where they were undergoing treatment.

Meanwhile, Bandipore Police has initiated inquest proceeding under section 174 CrPc in this regard, the officer said. “We have collected all the eatable items from the house, including all that was stored in kitchen,” he said. 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS