JAMMU: Police and Army have independently started investigation into the suspected militants carried out twin attacks on the Jammu-Pathankote highway carried out by suspected militants on Friday that resulted in the killing a soldier, two civilians and three militants.
Minister of State for Home Sajad Kitchloo told CNS that it was a gruesome attack while the government has started an inquiry to probe the matter. An investigating team has been set up and it has been directed to submit its findings within a weeks time, Kitchloo said.
Inspector General of Police Jammu, Rajesh Kumar told CNS that we have received some arms and ammunitions from the slain militants and investigation is going on to ascertain their identity. So far these attackers have not been identified and the inquiry is going on to find out where from they have entered into the area and to which outfit they belong, he said.
Jammu based Defence spokesperson, Lieutenant Colonel Manish Mehta said that police has started an inquiry while the Army is also investigating the matter. (CNS)