Title: Copy Editor
Company: Kashmir Observer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category Newspaper
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Kashmir Observer stories present a unique mix of detailed reportage and vivid writing, with a commitment to the art of storytelling, whether the subject is politics, culture, business or art.
– Editing and copy-editing stories
– Commissioning pieces for the news section of the newspaper and working with writers to shape these for publication
– Maintaining an evolving and current bank of stories and story ideas
– Soliciting pitches and recruiting new writers
– Importantly, as a member of the editorial team, to be a keen observer and fast learner of politics, culture and society.
Candidates should have between two to four years of editing experience, preferably in journalism. They should also have demonstrated an editorial instinct for news and an interest in working with writers from diverse backgrounds. The applicant should demonstrate top-notch editing and language skills, sound judgement and an enthusiasm for Kashmir Observer’s mission to improve the quality of writing and reporting in Kashmir.
Please send in a résumé, two writing samples, a detailed statement on your editing experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Copy Editor – 2020” by April 15 2020.