Srinagar- A 38-year-old man died of electrocution in Shelipora area of Achabal in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district.
Quoting officials, news agency GNS reported that one Sabzar Ahmad Sofi, son of Ghulam Mohammad Ganaie, of Sheilpora Achabal received a high voltage shock, when he came in contact with a HT electric wire.
The person, they said, was removed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared as brought dead on arrival.
When contacted, a police official said that they are ascertaining the details into the matter.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.