The devastating fire broke out in a multi-storeyed shopping complex in Hazratbal. The complex, which housed several food outlets including Hattrick and Amigos, caught fire around 11:45 AM and soon spread to other compartments. Fire and Emergency Services tried to contain the fire for hours, but it spread to nearby residential houses causing huge losses estimated to be worth crores of rupees. Locals have alleged that the use of domestic LPG cylinders at food outlets caused the fire.
Follow this link to join our WhatsApp group: Join Now
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.
Comments are closed.