Srinagar- A power development department (PDD) daily wager died on Monday after receiving an electric shock in Kulgam district of South Kashmir.
Mohammad Ramzan Sofi of Chinigam village was repairing a transmission wire in Chanpora village of Frisal on Monday morning when he got electrocuted, reports said. Sofi, who received critical injuries in the electric shock, was removed to the nearby hospital for treatment.
However, the doctors there declared him dead, reports said.
Meanwhile, Police have taken cognizance of the incident.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.