Srinagar- A daily wager in the power development department (PDD) died of electrocution in a remote village of North Kashmir’s Kupwara district, reports said Sunday.
38-year-old Raja Khalid was repairing an electric transformer in Jada village of Karnah when he received an electric shock, reports said. He died after getting electrocuted.
The deceased PDD worker was a resident of Kandi Payeen, Karnah.
His body was handed over to the family after completion of medico-legal formalities at the sub-district hospital, Tangdar.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.