Srinagar- A PDD lineman working with Power Development Department (PDD) died due to electric shock in Hafroo area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Sunday, officials said.
They said that the lineman identified as Mohammad Ashraf Mir, a resident of Badapora Nagam Charshrief received electric shock while repairing a transformer in the Haproo area.
Soon after receiving electric shock, Mir was immediately shifted to a local hospital, however, doctors declared him brought dead on arrival.
A police officer confirmed the incident saying that cognizance of the incident has been taken and further investigation taken up. (GNS)
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.