Youth Dies Of Asphyxiation, Colleague Found Unconscious In J&K's Doda

Representational Photo

Jammu- An 18-year-old youth, working in a hotel as cook, died of suffocation while his colleague was found in unconscious state after the duo had kept a coal gas heater in their room in Doda district, officials said on Thursday.

A police official said duo Shahnawaz Hussain (18), and Adil Hussain Sheikh (22), both residents of Dharam area of Tehsil Gool in District Ramban were working as cooks in a hotel at Kahara, Doda, reported news agency GNS.

They were found in unconscious state in their rented room nearby and subsequently removed to hospital where doctors declared Adil brought dead on arrival, he said. Adil has been admitted and is under treatment, he said. His condition is stated to be stable, the official said. He said preliminary investigation has revealed that they had kept coal gas heater in the room and the death seems to be due to asphyxiation, he added.

Follow this link to join our WhatsApp group: Join Now

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS