Withdrawn Posts: J&K Govt Announces One-Time Age Relaxation

Representational Photo

Jammu- The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday announced one-time age relaxation for the candidates who had applied for the posts recently withdrawn by the administration.

“In respect of the posts withdrawn by virtue of a recent decision of the Administrative Council, the J & K Government has ordered one-time age relaxation for candidates who had earlier applied for these posts and were eligible in terms of age but have in the meantime crossed the upper age limit,” an official spokesperson said.

He further said that the government had also stated that subject to the fulfillment of other conditions of eligibility, a candidate shall be deemed to be eligible in terms of upper age limit, if he/she applies for the said post(s) in pursuance to fresh advertisement, as and when issued by JKPSC/SSB.

Earlier this month, the government had announced to withdraw all the posts referred to the Public Service Commission (PSC) and Services Selection Board (SSB) before October 31, 2019, for which selections have not been finalized till date.

“All posts referred to JKPSC/SSB prior to 31.10.2019, for which selections have not been finalized till date, as also the posts in which there are litigations and the cases are pending in Hon’ble court shall be deemed to have been withdrawn with immediate effect ,” reads the decision of administrative council.

In the letter, the GAD has also directed all the concerned to implement the directions of the administrative council in letter and spirit under an intimidation to the GAD.

However, addressing a press conference in Jammu last week, the Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha had assured that these posts shall be put to fresh advertisement within two months for recruitment on fast track basis.

“In some cases, there are referred posts which have remained stuck since 2004. Now, recruitment rules, reservation laws have been changed. Some posts were also transferred to the Union Territory of Ladakh. Hence withdrawal of these posts was essential to ensure transparent and merit based recruitments,” he had said.

He had also announced one-time relaxation to the aspirants who had already applied for the withdrawn posts. This will ensure equal opportunity to all.

“We have ensured free, fair, and merit based selections in the recruitment process. The pending 3000 Class-IV posts will be filled within two months on merit basis,” he had said.

Asking the aspirants to not get misled, Sinha had said that his administration is sensitive to the concerns of people, especially youth.

“They can reach out to my office, or the office of any senior officers and their issues will be redressed on merit,” he had said.

Follow this link to join our WhatsApp group: Join Now

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS