Srinagar- A Power Development Department (PDD) employee was electrocuted this afternoon at Tarathpora Ramhaal area of Handwara in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Reports said that one PDD daily-wager identified as Abdul Ahad Shah son of Abdul Gaffar Shah, resident of Villgam Kupwara received a high voltage electric shock while he was repairing an electric transformer, according to news agency GNS.
The daily-wager suffered critical injuries in the incident and was evacuated to District Hospital Handwara for treatment.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.