The cloud technology segment in the IT industry is constantly growing. The new solutions are used in both business and private life and are already familiar to almost every Internet user. But in our review, we will talk about why cloud solutions are so attractive for business, why they should be used, and which trend areas you can pay attention to first of all.
According to a study by IDG, in 2020, 81% of companies said that they used cloud technologies, whereas, in 2018, only 73% answered positively to this question. And more than 70% of organizations have at least one business application hosted in the cloud. Experts are sure that this is just the beginning. And their white label cloud services have more benefits for your subscribers and business.
Why Do We Need Cloud Technologies?
According to a study conducted by Spiceworks analysts, 75% of the respondents use cloud services for web hosting, 55% of users need them to improve the performance of their IT infrastructure, 54% host email in the clouds, and 45% people filter using the cloud.
The first to appreciate all these advantages were large international companies that have sufficient budgets to experiment with new technologies. For example, in 2012, the Heineken concern coordinated its advertising campaign using the MS Azure cloud platform. Henkel, using the same Azure, managed to transfer 40 thousand of its employees to the new version of Microsoft Office in less than six months.
Small and medium businesses quickly followed the giants. In 2015, cloud technologies were already used by about 40% of small companies. And due to the pandemic and the general transition to a remote work format, 2020 has given an additional powerful impetus to the use of the cloud.
There are the reasons why cloud storage solutions are in demand, and the list could expand even further:
- The introduction of cloud technologies reduces corporate costs per unit of products and services used. If you can work in a program online, you do not need to purchase it on a physical medium or pay for downloading software with full functionality. In addition, the use of clouds allows you to bring new products to the market faster and stay ahead of the competition. This effect is achieved by reducing the time for installing software and training employees to work with it;
- Fast registration of access to the cloud is another good thing to mention here. It is enough to send an online application to the provider and make an advance payment;
- In a virtual space, you can organize a workplace without being tied to a specific computer. Such a virtual office allows you to maximize the use of employees working remotely, that is, to save on renting premises and equipping physical workstations;
- The software applications can be rented for the required period from a cloud service provider. This allows you to save on the purchase of software, installation services, and the need to upgrade the technical base;
- Cloud services allow the use of a heterogeneous set of applications regardless of the operating system, while the local infrastructure of enterprises is almost always tied to a single operating system and a single application store.
Of course, like any technology, clouds are not universal. They have their own application characteristics, but we do believe that these boundaries and limitations will disappear very soon.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.