Banihal- Two minor siblings died and two others were injured on Saturday after their house was gutted in a fire in Jammu and Kashmir's Ramban district, officials said.
The fire broke out in the house of Rajesh Kumar due to leakage of an LPG cylinder in Maitra-Rajgharh area, they said.
The members of the family were trapped in the fire. Police and fire emergency parties reached the spot and doused the fire, they said.
Satya Devi (30) and her three children--Sahil (5), Sourav (3) and Gaurav (3) received burn injuries in the incident, they said.
While Sahil and Sourav succumbed to injuries, Satya and Gaurav are undergoing treatment at the hospital, they added.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.