Teenage Boy Electrocuted To Death, Two Others Injured In Budgam

Representational Photo

Srinagar- A teenage boy has died and two others injured after the trio came in contact with a high voltage transmission line in Raiyar of Khan Sahib area in central Kashmir’s Budgam district this afternoon.

Reports said that the incident occurred as a person accidently touched a low-lying transmission line while transplanting paddy saplings in the fields. Two persons accompanying the person frantically caught hold of the person, leading to electrocution of three persons, as per news agency GNS.

The trio was barely rescued and evacuated to PHC Raiyar, wherefrom they were referred to SDH Khansahib for further treatment.

However one Sheeraz Ahmad (17) has succumbed to injuries.

The two others identified as Manzoor Ahmad (35) Ghulam Nabi (60), are undergoing treatment at the health facility.

3 days after electrocution, need base worker from Baramulla succumbs at Srinagar hospital

A need base worker, who was electrocuted three days ago in Baramulla, succumbed to his injuries in Srinagar hospital on Saturday.

A need base worker identified as Marhoom Imran received electric shock on 8th June and was shifted to Srinagar hospital for advance treatment.

His condition was critical and lost his life today in Srinagar hospital, official sources said.

Meanwhile, Employees Union demanded a departmental probe into the incident and also compensation to the NoKs of the deceased need base worker.

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.