Srinagar- A youth was electrocuted to death while another was injured after they came in contact with a live wire in Shurat village of south Kashmir’s Kulgam district on Wednesday afternoon.
Official sources said that the duo came in contact with a live wire and were immediately rushed to GMC Anantnag, where one of them was declared dead on arrival, according to news agency KNO.
They identified the deceased as Zakir Ahmad Khanday son of Shabir Ah Khanday and injured as Shavaaz Ahmad Dar son of Shabir Ahmad Dar, both from Shurat Kulgam.
Medical superintendent GMC Anantnag Dr. Mohammad Iqbal Sofi said that hospital received two youth among them one was declared dead on arrival.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.