SKIMS Store Room Catches Fire, Patients Safe

11 Views

Srinagar: Panic gripped SK Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) Soura on Thursday after fire erupted in a store-room in a ward meant for dialysis patients.

Eyewitnesses said the flames and smoke was seen billowing out of a window from the hospital ward, prompting the attendants to run helter-skelter. The fire and emergency department men were immediately called in, who reached the spot and doused-off the flames, they said.

An F&ES official confirming the incident said that the fire had broken out in a store of Ward Number 3P. However the tenders reached on time and doused off the flames.

A hospital official said that all of the patients are safe and none of them had to be evacuated. However there has been damage to some furniture kept inside the room, he added.

Meanwhile, the hospital administration in a statement issued on Thursday night said that a team has been constituted to ascertain the facts behind the minor fire incident.

“No major damage was done, every service was restored immediately. Everybody including the staff and patients are safe,” the handout reads.

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


KO Web Desk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS