Domicile Certificates to Non-locals : Soz Demands White Paper

18Shares

Senior Congress leader Prof Saif-ud-din Soz

Srinagar: Senior Congress leader Prof Saif-ud-din Soz on Wednesday urged upon UT Government to issue a ‘white paper’ indicating particulars of those who are not state subjects, yet they got the Domicile of J&K.

In a press statement Soz said that the J&K UT has explained its position that of the 12.5 lakh Domicile Certificates issued by it, 99% of the beneficiaries happened to be the Permanent Residents of the State. However, he said that the people would like to know as to who constituted the crucial remaining 1% of the beneficiaries?

“The people of the State are entitled to know the particulars of the persons who were not Permanent Residents, yet they got the Domicile certificates”, he said.

He said the JK Administration has explained further that these certificates have been issued for jobs only. It means that UT the administration has no objection for giving the Domicile Certificates to non-state subjects also!

“Since the UT Administration has issued the Domicile Certificates to such a big number in hot haste, the process must have involved the recklessness of sorts”, senior Congress leader said in his statement.

The statement added that the perception of the people is that the UT Administration is a stopgap arrangement and that the Centre should not have amended the Domicile Law in the absence of public support.

He urged upon JK UT Administration to issue a ‘white paper’ indicating particulars of those who are not state subjects, yet they got the certificates! That procedure alone can allay the fears of the people of the state, reads the statement.

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


KO Web Desk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS