SRINAGAR A mosque was damaged in a fire incident in Bandipora district of north Kashmir on Friday night.
Reports said that fire broke out from second storey of Al-Noor Masjid at main town Bandipora last night.
However, fire tenders were pressed into service to douse off the flames.
Later, the fire was brought under control with help of fire tenders and locals.
In the incident, the 2nd story of Mosque was completely damaged, reports said.
A police officer said the cause of fire is believed to be electrical short circuit.
The officer, however said that police has taken cognizance of the incident and initiated further investigations in this regard.
In another fire incident, a residential house was damaged in a fire incident this morning in Baharabad village of Hajin area in Bandipora district. Reports quoting eyewitnesses said that a gas cylinder blast occurred inside a residential house of Nazir Ahmad Sheikh, son of Mohammad Akbar Sheikh of Baharabad Hajin, resulting in damage to the house.
Fire was brought under control by three fire tenders with the help of local youth. The firemen prevented fire from spreading to adjacent houses.
A shop belonging to Mohammad Ayoub Navoo suffered damage in a fire mishap at Naidkhai village of Bandipora. The fire broke out in the wee hours of Saturday. However, no loss of life or injury was reported in these fire incidents. Meanwhile, police has taken the cognizance of these fire incidents and has started investigation into the matter.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.