Jammu Grenade Blast:Juvenile Board Rejects Medical Reports Suggesting Accused As ‘Adult’

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

SRINAGAR — Juvenile Board of Jammu and Kashmir has rejected medical reports suggesting that the teenager allegedly involved in a grenade attack in Jammu last week was an “adult”, officials said on Wednesday.

The board has sought for all school records of the accused which it suspects to be a minor.

The officials said that the reports of the bone and teeth test conducted on the accused showed that his age was around 19 years and it had sought 10 days of remand which was rejected by the board.

The Juvenile Board asked the police to submit all relevant documents from the school after which a decision would be taken, they said.

Two people had died and 29 suffered injuries in the grenade blast at Jammu bus stand on March 7.

Police said the south Kashmir resident was nabbed immediately after he allegedly threw the grenade.

The ‘teenager’ is the eldest among three children. Son of a painter, he was studying in class 9.


  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS