Lamborghini Expects To Seize Share Of Indian Premium SUV Market With Urus

Hearing the name of Lamborghini invokes the image of a raging bull. It is a name that brings excitement among enthusiasts not only in India but across the globe. Widely recognized for its super sports cars, Lamborghini is now trying to snatch the shares of the premium SUV segment. To accomplish the target, the Italian automaker has launched the Urus SUV, which is performing exceptionally well especially in the Indian market.

The vehicle was unveiled back in December 2017 and was made available to the customers in the succeeding year. In addition, the Urus is also the first modern Super SUV coming from the house of Lamborghini. For the Indian market, the approximate price tag of the SUV is set at INR 3 crores, which also makes it one of the most expensive SUVs out there.

Lamborghini Urus in the Indian Market  

Despite the humongous price tag, the company recorded a good number of sales of the Urus last year.  According to some officials of the company, the SUV is a big game changer and its sales will grow considerably in the upcoming years.

The sales of the super sports car models are quite limited in India. The reason is not the lack of people who can afford them but the usability of such cars. The road conditions in India clearly say otherwise. And the conditions aren’t exactly friendly for vehicles with extra low ground clearance ( sports cars). Additionally, sports cars have very limited passenger capacity and boot space, which limits their functionality. Thus, Lamborghini is trying to counteract the problem by offering its Urus SUV model, which offer an ideal combination of sports performance, high ground clearance, and spacious cabin space. Consequently, it acts as a perfect supercar that can satisfy the high-performance needs of Indian buyers in an effective way.

Key features of the Super SUV

Shifting the needle towards the car itself, there are a lot of things the car has to offer. Talking about the powertrain, the vehicle comes with a 4.0-Liter twin-turbo V8 engine. Regarding the power, the engine holds off 641 horses and produces an earth-shattering torque of 850Nm. Moreover, the engine is coupled with an 8-speed automatic transmission, which complements the overall performance of the vehicle.

Mileage is one of the first few things that most Indian consumers ask about a vehicle. However, for an expensive vehicle like Urus, the mileage is not a concern for the owners. Nonetheless, the engine of the super SUV is tuned pretty well and it delivers an impressive combined mileage of 8 km/l. Moreover, the 75 L fuel tank eliminates the need to visit the fuel stations on a frequent basis.

To bring flexibility in the choice for Indian customers, Lamborghini offers the Urus in 6 different colour schemes. However, the super SUV comes only in a single variant, which might not be a big issue for the buyers.

Coming to the design of the vehicle, it is surely different from the conventional Lamborghini sports car, which is obvious considering that Urus belongs to a different car segment. Still, the SUV carries the same aggressive looks that are common among the Lamborghini vehicles.

Current Stats of Urus Sales in India

The Urus is gaining major attention of the buyers who are looking to upgrade or switch to a Premium SUV. Lamborghini’s expectation has been raised even further considering the fact that the Urus has been completely sold out for the year of 2018. Now the automaker is anticipating a rise in the sales of the Super SUV in 2019. Moreover, there are many Indians who are eagerly waiting to get their hands on this year’s production models of Urus.

According to Lamborghini, 30% of the buyers of the Urus SUV in India are its prevailing customers. Whereas the remaining 70% are the first-time buyers of a Lamborghini vehicle. This has further strengthened the automotive company’s aim of seizing a significant share of the premium SUV market in India. Furthermore, Lamborghini is also prioritizing the country to be one of its major sales territory in the future.

Lamborghini Urus’ success has led the company to devise new strategies that can augment the sales of the Super SUV. It will be quite interesting to see how Lamborghini will solidify its presence in the Indian automotive market in the next coming years.  (By Arrangement With Collegedunia)


Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.