SRINAGAR A woman died due to electrocution in Tarathpora area of Handwara in north Kashmirs Kupwara district on Sunday afternoon.
A police officer that Shareefa (45) wife of Manzoor Ahmad Lone received an electric shock when she came in contact with a live wire outside her home at Hurdona area of Tarathpora.
Shareefa was immediately taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared her dead on arrival, he said.
After completing all legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to her relatives for last rites, he added.
A case under 174 Cr.PC has been registered and further investigations taken up, he said. (GNS)
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.