JAMMU Two people were electrocuted and two others sustained burn injuries while repairing a water pump in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
The deceased were identified as Bushan Kumar (32) and Gurbinder (30), they said.
The incident took place last evening when Bushan Kumar was repairing a water pump inside a well.
When he did not return till late, Gurbinder, Ashwani and Deshraj rushed to his rescue, but they too fell unconscious, the police added. (PTI)
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.