South Kashmir: Mother-Son Duo Among 4 Dead Of Asphyxiation

SRINAGAR — Four persons including mother-son duo died due to asphyxiation while trying to save a man from a sewage trench in Utrasoo area of Shangus in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Sunday.

Station House Officer (SHO) Utrasoo, Peerzada Ateequllah said that one person namely Mohammad Maqbool Khan started repairing and cleaning up the sewage trench in his house premises at Khanpora village of Utrasoo today morning.

While repairing the trench, Maqbool suddenly fell down inside it apparently due to inhaling of some poisonous gas. His wife Shamima Begum and son Sabzar Ahmad Khan along with two of his neighbours, siblings,  jumped inside the trench to save him. however, all of them fell unconscious.

As the news spread, hundreds of locals reached the spot and somehow they managed to retrieve all the five persons, SHO said.

All of them were immediately taken to PHC Uttrasoo where four of them were declared brought dead, he said.

The condition of Maqbool is stated to be critical, the police officer said.

SHO identified the deceased as Shamima wife of Mohammad Maqbool Khan, their son Sabzar Khan and two brothers Zahid Ahmad Ahanger and Umar Ahmad Ahanger sons of Ghulam Mohammad Ahanger.  (With GNS Inputs)

 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS