35 Soldiers Killed In Attacks On Military Installations Since 2016 

0Shares

NEW DELHI — As many as 35 soldiers besides 15 civilians have been killed in nine attacks that have taken place since 2016 on defence installations and Army camps in Jammu and Kashmir, the government informed the Rajya Sabha on Monday.

In these attacks, 40 militants were killed, Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre said in a written reply.

As per government data, five incidents occurred in 2016, one in 2017 and three have occurred so far this year.

Bhamre said the government had issued broad guidelines for security of defence installations and had also sanctioned perimeter security projects of all three armed forces.

“In compliance with the said guidelines, the defence forces have taken a number of actions including risk categorization of military bases, appraisal and upgradation of intelligence gathering capabilities, strengthening and streamlining of the response mechanism, use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and periodic security audit of all military installations,” he said.

He said the Army also carried out “in-depth analysis” of the incidents and security breaches identified with various incidents.

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS