BudgamA grass loaded tractor caught fire Tuesday noon when it hit a low lying electric wire near Masjid Shareef, Sofi Mohalla, Pahroo Nowgam in Budgam district.
The driver unloaded the grass trolley quickly in order to save himself and his tractor. In the meantime locals rushed in and managed to bring the fire under control thereby saving public property including a masjid in the congested area.
The locals had a tough time as the PHE supplied scheduled water supply too was not available. Locals had to fetch water from handpumps to douse the flames.
"Time and again we have raised the issues related to PDD negligence. There are numerous such spots where electric lines are so low that they often touch the passing vehicles," locals alleged.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.