Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police today evacuated families living near waterbodies in north Kashmir due to rise in water level following incessant rains since yesterday.
Meanwhile, police has established emergency 24X7 help lines across Kashmir valley to assist people in need of help due to prevailing situation.
A police spokesperson here today said police has launched rescue operations at some places and people who are trapped because of increase in water level are being rescued.
He said rescue operation in the apple township of Sopore in north Kashmirs Baramulla was going on at Tarzoo, Panzipora, Hygam, Dangiwacha, Behrampora.
He said people from these areas who were trapped because of the increase in water level of Khursi Nallah were being shifted to safer locations.
People are advised to call on 0193222870, 9419051940 in Anantnag,
01952237830, 9596767717, in Baramulla,01951255207, 01951-255042 in Budgam,0194-2416478, 0194-2416564 in Ganderbal, 01954-222312, 9596773025 in Sopore, 9906767076, 01955-262295 in Handwara,
01955-252451, 7051404938 in Kupwara, 9596767430 01957-225278 in Bandipora,01931-260160, 9419041660, 7051510660 in Kulgam,01933-261891, 9596768831 in Shopian,9797220265, 01933-241986, 01933-241280 in Pulwama, 01933-247369 in Awantipora or Police Control Room Kashmir on 100.
Control Room setup in Bandipore
The District Administration Bandipore, today established a control room at the office of Deputy Commissioner to coordinate efforts to meet any exigency in view of heavy rains and snowfall in the district.
The control room will be headed by Additional Commissioner Bandipore and shall comprise employees from Mechanical Engineering, R&B, PDD, PHE, Health, BECON and Local Bodies.
The general public has been asked to contact the control room on 9419555565, 9419032835, 9419015811, 9419004366, 9906563285 and 01957226085.
You Can Whatsapp DHSK Control Room
The inclement weather conditions, Directorate Of Health Services, Kashmir (DHSK) has constituted a Divisional & District level Control Rooms for the facilitation of healthcare services to the general public.
In any case of facilitation, general public is requested to call/SMS or Whatsapp to following numbers:
Directorate/Divisional Level Control Room:
1. Dr. Showkat Lolu: 9419043028.
2. Dr. G A Wani:9419061028.
3. Dr. Mehmooda Kar: 9419040106.
4. Dr. S M Kadri: 9419010363
5. Dr. Ijtaba Shafi: 9419070388.
6. Mr. Zahoor Mantoo: 9419011681.
7. Mr. Zahoor Bhat: 9419066748.
8. Mr. Abid Manzoor: 9906930606.
9. Landline: 0194-2440283, 2430581 (8.00 A.M to 8.00 P.M)
District Level Helpline Numbers:
1. Chief Medical Officer, Anantnag: 9419004035, 8803087842 01932-222255, 228282
2. Chief Medical Officer, Bandipora: 9797368501, 01957-225551,
3. Chief Medical Officer, Baramulla: 9419052099, 9797749119, 01952-234202,
4. Chief Medical Officer, Budgam: 9419035311, 01951-255237, 256456
5. Chief Medical Officer, Ganderbal: 9419051404, 0194-2416244
6. Chief Medical Officer, Kulgam: 9419211541, 9596423479, 01931-260388.
7. Chief Medical Officer, Kupwara: 9419187799, 01955-252278
8. Chief Medical Officer, Pulwama: 9906540795, 01933-241205, 241275, 240412
9. Chief Medical Officer, Shopian: 9419556689, 01933-260996, 261989.
10. Chief Medical Officer Srinagar: 9419069277, 0192-2452499, 452498.
Primary Health Centres, Sub District Hospitals and District Hospitals of the Kashmir Division come under the administrative control of Directorate of Health Services, Kashmir.
In case of communication interruption with the above mentioned numbers the helpline numbers will be updated accordingly. (KNS)
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.