Man  dies of suffocation in Shopian   

Srinagar: One person died of suffocation in south Kashmir district of Shopian, official sources here said.

They said four members of a family were sleeping at their residence in Kathohallan in Shopian fitted with charcoal stove, used for heating purpose.

Due to suffocation caused by burning of coal, the family members fell unconscious.

The locals immediately informed the police, they said, adding a team was rushed to the spot and the four persons were taken to a hospital, where one of them, Mushtaq Ahmad Lone, died.

After treatment, the rest of the three members were discharged from the hospital.

Meanwhile, after completing all the legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites.

Over half a dozen persons, including a couple from Odisha, have died under similar circumstances in the Valley this month.
 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS