Baramulla: An 18-year-old youth died while his sister had to be hospitalized in critical condition due to asphyxiation in Baramulla district on Tuesday.
Reports said that Bilal Ahmad Sheikh, 18, resident of Kitchama village died due to suffocation while his sister Tasleema was shifted to SKIMS Soura in critical condition.
They said that the duo was found in an unconscious condition on Tuesday morning, apparently due to carbon monoxide gas that emanated from a heating appliance.
Both were rushed to District Hospital Baramulla where Bilal was declared dead on arrival while Tasleema was shifted to SKIMS for advanced treatment. (CNS)
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.