Yasin Malik 'severely' ill,JKLF appeals for prayers for his speedy recovery

Srinagar: Incarcerated Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik has been admitted to SKIMS Soura after he suffered severe infection attack in his right arm and suffered from high fevers.

In a statement issued to KNS, spokesman JKLF said that on 21st October 2016, Yasin was taken to a diagnostic centre for CT scan regarding a 7.7 mm stone present in his left upper ureter.
“He was given some injection in his right arm during the procedure that caused swelling that put him in severe pain. After CT scan, he was shifted back to central jail Srinagar but pain in his right arm and swelling started to enhance fast. For full night he suffered from a high pain and fevers but was not provided with any medical remedy till the next day. After many complaints and protests by family and friends authorities agreed to shift him to hospital and he was first taken to Khyber Hospital where doctors recommended to urgently shift him to SKIMS Soura. He was immediately rushed to SKIMS where a team of doctors immediately admitted him to ICU and started treating his arm that was in severe pain due to swelling and infection. For the whole night all the senior and junior doctors worked hard to save his right arm and managed to reduce the swelling to some extent. Doctors have not still ruled his right arm out of danger and though pain has lessened to an extent, remaining high inflammation in his arm is still a cause of worry. His fever is also constantly varying and according to doctors may remain so till the infection is not over,” the statement detailing Malik’s health condition said.

Hailing the efforts of doctors at SKIMS who “left no stone unturned” to save Yasin arm and life, JKLF appealed people of Jammu and Kashmir to keep praying for Malik’s speedy recovery and good health.

Malik was arrested by police on 8th July 2016 in an “unhealthy condition”.

“Even at the time of arrest he was taking high antibiotics but instead of providing him a healthy environment, authorities revengefully placed him in solitary confinement with virtually no medical facilities available. On 30th July 2016 he was shifted to central jail Srinagar and ban on his visitors remained unchanged and so did the denial of proper medical care to him. On 30th august 2016 Yasin Malik was shifted to JIC Humhama but his disconnection from the rest of the world continued. From JIC Yasin Malik was shifted to Humhama police mess but on 19th September 2016 he was again shifted to JIC Humhama and placed under solitary confinement in a cell. His health considerably deteriorated in the cell and doctors in writing recommended to authorities to keep him at some better place as he was facing grave medical problems,” the statement said. (KNS)

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.