Srinagar: Strongly refuting the media reports regarding stoppage of fuel supply to Kashmir, the Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Chowdhary Zulfkar Ali today said that these rumors are being spread by some vested interests. He made it clear that Kashmir valley is getting regular supply of fuel.
The Minister said he personally spoke to the heads of various oil companies and asked them to ensure normal supply of fuel to the Valley. He warned that if any company is found involved in stopping fuel supply, delaying transportation of fuel, indulging in profiteering or stocking, his department will take stern action against them.
Giving data of stocks available in Valley, Minister said that all the three Companies viz Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Indane Oil Corporation Limited and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited are supplying oil smoothly in Valley and there is no dearth of oil products. He said that they are having 2780 KL of Petrol available in Kashmir Valley which is sufficient for 19 days. “We have also 10,129 KL of Diesel available and sufficient for 29 days and 5186 KL of Kerosene Oil sufficient for 61 days available in Kashmir”, Minister said adding that he has taken up the issue of stock of oil products with higher authorities and he has been assured that there will be no shortage of any oil product in Kashmir.
The Minister said that supply of more oil products is going on smoothly and there is 1179 KL of Petrol, 1186 KL of Diesel, 718 KL of K Oil and 460 KL of ATF in transit and it will reach Kashmir Valley in couple of days.
The Minister said that there is also no dearth of other essential commodities in the Valley. He said that out of 462191 quintals of food-grains allocated for the month of August for Kashmir Valley, they have lifted and distributed 288996 quintals which is 62 percent of the allocated food-grains. He said that remaining 38 percent will be distributed in a couple of days. He added that there is also no shortage of LPG cylinders in Valley. “We have distributed 2.15 lakh LPG cylinders in August till date against the total 3.90 lakh cylinders requirement for whole month”, Minister said adding that they are having 145161 cylinders available in stock in Kashmir which are sufficient for 12 days.
About the daily supply of essential commodities, Minister said that 2258 trucks loaded with essential commodities have crossed Lower Munda Toll Post in last 2 weeks. He said that 1074 trucks of rice, 341 trucks of wheat, 45 trucks of sugar, 198 trucks of LPG cylinders, 74 Tankers of K Oil, 221 trucks of Atta, 21 trucks of chicken, 66 trucks of wheat, 81 trucks of vegetables and 137 Tankers of Petrol and diesel reached Kashmir in these 2 weeks and the daily supply is continuously on and there is no problem in transportation. He said that he has already directed Divisional Commissioner Kashmir and Inspector General of Police Traffic to ensure smooth traffic of essential commodity trucks. He added that there are no reports of any problem in transportation and both civil administration and traffic police are closely monitoring the supply system in Valley.
The Minister has appreciated the work of officials of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department in Kashmir Valley and also lauded dealers and general masses for contributing in smooth distribution of food-grains. He said that his Department is working round the clock to provide food-grains to the people in Valley so that they do not suffer for want of rations
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.