Pellets killed Chattabal youth

SRINAGAR: Post-mortem report of Reyaz Ahmad Shah resident of Chattabal, whose body was found outside SMHS Hospital last night today revealed that there were hundreds of pellets in his body.
According to Sources, autopsy of Reyaz was conducted last night which revealed that he had died due to pellets.
“Hundreds of pellets were found in Reyaz’s body,” sources quoting autopsy report said.
They said that Reyaz had been shot by a pellet gun at a close range which had caused a big wound in his abdomen.
His family had already alleged CRPF personnel of killing Reyaz.
Reyaz a bank ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) guard, was killed during the night.
His body bore a big perforation in the abdomen, police said.
Earlier Protests erupted in Chattabal area of Srinagar as the news of Riyaz's killing spread in the area.People took to streets and began protesting 

Curfew, shutdown continue in Valley


Following the killing of Lethpora youth by the PSO of a ADC Ramban last evening,  the authorities today extended curfew to more areas of Kashmir Valley
Curfew remained in force in five police station area of old city and was extended to Batamaloo, Shaheedgunj, Soura, Zadibal, Qamarwari and Bemina areas of the city as a precautionary measure, a police official told PTI news agency.
 He said curfew was also imposed in Khanpora area of Baramulla district, Awanitpora and Pampore in Pulwama district while Anantnag town in south Kashmir also continued to remain under curfew.
"There are restrictions on the assembly of four or more people under Section 144 CrPC in rest of Kashmir," he added.
Normal life remained affected for the 26th consecutive day in the Valley due to the curbs imposed by the authorities and separatist sponsored strike against the killing of civilians during clashes which erupted in the wake of killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani in an encounter on July 8.
Schools, colleges, business establishments, banks and private offices remained closed while public transport remained off roads.
Attendance in government offices was also thin, the official said.
Mobile Internet services continued to remain snapped in the entire Valley where postpaid mobile telephony services have been restored across all networks.The incoming facility on prepaid connections has also been restored, but outgoing calls are barred on such numbers.
The United Resistance Leadership has extended the shutdown call in Kashmir till August 5, calling for march to Hazratbal shrine on Friday.

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.



Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.