School staff thrashes AEE PDD

Poonch: Staffers of a school on Thursday thrashed an AEE of Power Development Department (PDD) after a woman got electrocuted in Mendhar area of Poonch district.

According reports a woman identified as Tehzeem Akhtar, wife of Abdul Aziz, resident of Sangala Chowk was electrocuted after she went on second story of her house for drying clothes.

Residents said that as the woman went upstairs of her house situated adjacent to the St Francis Convent School, A 33000 KV high tension wire was lying on the floor and due to dampness she got electrocuted. They said that the woman due electric shock fell down on the road and was critically hurt.

The woman was shifted to SDH Mendhar where from she was referred to GMC Jammu.

Sources said that St Francis Convent students too had a narrow escape. Sources further said that due to the incident, the staff and principal of the school got infuriated and thrashed the AEE PDD Sanjeev Singh who had come there along with concerned Tehsildar to take stock of the situation.

It has been learnt that the AEE had told school administration that their building is constructed beneath this high tension wire which is “illegal”.

Meanwhile, the concerned Tehsildar has recommended an FIR against the School Chairman  for thrashing the AEE. 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS