Thousands of Sunnis and Shias from across the country took part in a mass funeral of 27 worshippers killed in a suicide bombing that targeted the Imam Jafar al Sadiq Mosque during Friday prayers.
Kuwait’s interior minister said on Tuesday the country was at war with militants and would strike out at cells believed to be in the country. ISIS group claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing on Friday by a Saudi citizen on a Shia Muslim mosque in Kuwait City which killed 27 worshippers.
“We are in a state of war. It’s a war that had been decided with this cell. But there are other cells, and we will not wait for them to try their luck with us,” interior minister Sheikh Mohammad Al-Khaled Al-Sabah told parliament.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.