Pampore: The mother of four children lost her life in a fire accident at her house in Nehama Pampore area of South Kashmirs Pulwama district.
Eyewitnesses said that the fire broke out in cow-shed belonging to Muhammad Ashraf Wani, the husband of the deceased woman Shahzada.
In a bid to save the cattle, Shahzada entered into the cow-shed but was engulfed by flames. She was immediately shifted to SMHS hospital where she succumbed to her burn injuries, said locals.
We have registered a case and investigation has been taken up, said a police officer. (CNS)
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.