Leftover Boko Haram bombs kills 63

0Shares

LAGOS: A mass of home-made explosives, found earlier at a deserted Boko Haram post, go off, killing 63 people in northeastern Nigeria.

Nigerian vigilantes had come across the bombs during a patrol, collecting and taking them to the nearby town of Monguno, where they exploded on Tuesday, causing the fatalities.

Multilateral offensives forced the Nigerian Takfiri terrorist group from the territories they had seized in the country’s northeast.

Boko Haram says its goal is to overthrow the Nigerian government. It has claimed responsibility for a number of deadly shooting attacks and bombings in various parts of the country since the beginning of its militancy in 2009, which has so far left about 15,000 people dead and displaced about 1.5 million.

The militants have pledged allegiance to the fellow Takfiri group ISIL, which is primarily operating inside Iraq and Syria, where it holds parts of both countries.

The Nigerian military, however, says the extremists are now confined to the Sambisa Forest in the country’s northeast.

 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS