An Icon of Resistance
SRINAGAR: Lawyers Club Kashmir, Peoples Friendship Council, Muslim Unity Council, Shababul muslimeen, organized a conference on Imam Khomeini: An Icon Of Resistance at hotel Grand Mumtaz. Senior profreedom leaders , activists, religious scholars Lawyers, Professors ,Journalists attended the brainstorming session.
Ashraf Mantoo, an scholar threw light on the life of Imam Khomeini and termed the revolution brought in by Imam Khomeini as role model for other oppressed nations of world and stated that Islam and it’s great teachings were the foundation stone of Iranian Revolution.
Dr Sameer, a senior religious scholar stated that Muslims as Sunnis and Shias should rise above sectarian forces both internal as well as external.
Advocate Amin Bhat termed Imam Khomeini as a great figure whose stress on Islamic ethics and promoting Islamic values brought Iran out of darkness towards an era of justice and prosperity.
Nayeem Ahmad Khan,Senior Resistance Leader termed the Islamic Revolution Brought by Imam Khomeini as great achievement in the history of oppressed nations and called on Iran to remain steadfast on path of Islamic revolution.
Bilal Sidiqui another senior resistance leader termed the revolutionary paradigms and achievements accomplished by Iranian revolution as the collective achievements of Muslims and called Imam Khomeini as the personality who achieved excellence for Iran via resistance model of Islam.
Rameez Makhdoomi, Journalist and Spokesperson JKYJA stated that we as Muslims need to remember the sayings of Imam Khomeini especially that America is a wounded snake and uses devil policies to destroy Muslim countries.
All the participants urged on Iran via resolution that it needs to play a proactive role to solve Kashmir dispute and help the oppressed nation of Kashmir .It was also resolved that Muslim unity on global level has to be flourished and sectarian elements isolated.
A resolution was unanimously passed at the end which reads:
1. That Ayatollah Imam Khomeini (RA’s) vision and road map has appeal for all Muslims and its revolutionary zeal to achieve justice and morality has a universal appeal. Imam Khomeini (R.A) owns all the features needed for the leadership of a society and in an era in which an Islamic nation is in need of an pragmatic leadership, this grandeur characteristic can play a highly effective role in providing goals of Muslims in the world.
2. The participants in the seminar stated that Iran has to and should play proactive role in Solving the long pending Jammu Kashmir Conflict.Kashmir is also known as Iran-i-Sageer so Iran Kabeer having a responsibility to support Kashmir nation morally & politically.
3. This session condemns barabaric acts of terror & innocent killings especially in Palestine,Pakistan,Afghanistan,Bahrain ,Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, Iraq ,Somalia, Nigeria ,Burma & Kashmir etc that are aimed at weakening the Muslim ummah.The resolution to crisis in Syria, Yemen, Iraq ,Nigeria etc has to be brought in by internal stakeholders rather than foreign outfits.In this regard, OIC ,Arab League and Muslim countries have a role to play.
4. This session appealed that the death sentence awarded to Mohammad Morsi by Egyptian Government led by Al Sisi and to Ayatollah Sheikh Baqir Al-Nimr by Saudi Government should be immediately revoked.
5. The seminar specified that Muslims will have to remain awakened ,so as to thwart the nefarious designs of enemies of Islam who wreck havoc via creating sectarian rifts and work as unified force against the evil.
6. That the participants here reitrete Muslim countries should master their own resources rather than letting foreign vested powers control them.
7. With regard to the importance of Bayt-al-Muqadas (Masjid Aqsa) by Quran,Al-Quds Day is a day of Muslims from all around the world to show their support for the oppressed muslims of Palestine.In August 1979,founder of Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Imam Khomeini (R.A) invite muslims all over the globe to consecrate the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan as ‘Quds Day’ and to proclaim the international solidarity of Muslims in support of the legitimate rights of the Muslim people of Palestine.This session proclaimed that this year Al Quds Day will be organized with fervor and spirit to mark this day as Historical Youm Al Quds/Youm Kashmirin Kashmir.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.