Srinagar: A PDD employee was electrocuted while repairing an electric wire in Kunzar area of Tangmarg on Tuesday.
The Lineman Ashiq Hussain Parray, son of Abdul Aziz Parray, resident of Dobhiwan, Kunzar, received electric shock while repairing an electric line at Raram, Kunzar.
Following the incident, the locals took him to a nearby hospital in unconscious state. However, doctors present there declared him brought dead.
Police has started investigation into the matter. The body of deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites, a police official said. (GNS)
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.