JK Bank share to be traded on stock exchanges @Re 1 after 5thSept

0Shares

Srinagar: Face value (FV) of J&K Bank share will stand spilt after September 5, 2014 and will be traded at the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. and The Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. at Re 1 against existing FV of Rs 10 per share. Shareholders of the Bank holding shares in the Dematerialized form in the records of National Securities Depository Limited and Central Depository Services (India) Limited, as at the close of working hours on 5thSeptember, 2014, shall be credited with the new shares of equivalent value by the Depositories concerned and available for trading after 5th September, 2014.

In the case of shareholders holding shares in the physical form as on 5th September, 2014, and who have opted to receive new shares of the Bank also in physical form,  the bank shall be issuing new share certificates of the equivalent value.   

Notably, pursuant to the decision taken by the Shareholders at 76th Annual General Meeting of the Bank, the Bank is in the process of completing formalities related to the sub division of each equity share of the face value of Rs. 10/- each into ten (10) equity Shares of Re. 1/- each, which will be available for trading at the stock exchanges after 5th September, 2014.

J&K Bank Chairman & CEO, Mushtaq Ahmad while listing needs to go for sub division of the shares said, “We intended to make the shares more affordable and pave way for its increased liquidity in the market. An investor-friendly move of the Bank is intended to help more investors — particularly small investors — to get into the stock investment mode.”

The chairman further stated that presently market liquidity of Shares of the Bank has been reduced drastically because promoter along with foreign institutional investors hold 81.94% of total equity shares of the Bank and the remaining 18.06% is held by other Investors.

“The low liquidity with price hike, two factors together, made the Bank’s share unaffordable for the small retail investors like Resident Individuals. The decision of the shareholders to sub-divide the share face value would increase the liquidity and will make stock more affordable particularly at the retail end. The decision of the shareholders of the bank will also help in creating investor wealth over a period of time”, said the chairman.

It is pertinent to mention that the market players responded well to the continued performance of the bank on all parameters and this led to the appreciation of the share price, making it unaffordable for small retail investors. The share of the bank closed at around Rs.1500  on both stock exchanges.

Now the stock split is seen as a huge opportunity for the small retail investors  to own the bank shares and reap benefits.

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS