SRINAGAR: A special joint session of its Executive Council, General Council and Working Committee was held at the Rajbagh Head Quarters of the Hurriyat Conference, led by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, on its 21st foundation day Saturday.
The session presided over by Chairman Mirwaiz was attended by all the heads of the constituent parties. They included Maulana Abass Ansari, Prof Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Gani Lone, Agha Syed Mujtaba Al-Moosvi, Mohammad Musadiq Adil, Mukhtar Ahmad Waza and others.
Referring to 8th of March 1993 it was stated in the joint session that on the said date the representative assembly of various religious, social and political organizations of Kashmir at historic Mirwaiz Manzil Srinagar under the Chairmanship of Mirwaiz Farooq decided to have a common Political Platform under the name of All Parties Hurriyat (Freedom) Conference with an objective to make peaceful struggle to secure for the people of the state of Jammu and Kashmir the exercise of the right of self determination and also to make endeavors for an alternative negotiated settlement of the Kashmir dispute amongst all the three parties to the dispute viz. people of the state Jammu and Kashmir, India and Pakistan.
In the joint session the heads of various constituents of the conglomerate expressed their views and suggestions to make Hurriyat more vibrant and to make its efforts for the resolution of Kashmir issue more effective and result oriented. It was said that right from the day of its foundation Hurriyat Conference has been engaged at Political diplomatic and local as well as international level to try to find a peaceful, just and permanent solution of long pending Kashmir dispute in accordance with the wishes of the people of Kashmir and is making every possible effort in this direction.
On this occasion the joint session unanimously adopted a resolution which stated that.
1. All Parties Hurriyat Conference is a symbol of the unity and political solidarity of freedom loving people of Jammu and Kashmir which in accordance with its constitutional stand is pursuing the cause of Kashmiri people at all levels including international level, with dedication and discipline and inspite of all the difficulties continue its efforts to find a just honorable and permanent solution of Kashmir issue.
2. All Parties Hurriyat Conference once again reiterates that this representative alliance will continue its efforts to achieve the purpose for which it has been formed.
3. All Parties Hurriyat Conference wants to make it profoundly clear that abiding by the principles as laid down in its constitution; it will continue its just struggle with full discipline and determination.
4. All Parties Hurriyat Conference has always been for the unity of thought and action; it has always kept and continues to keep its doors open for any sincere person or group belonging to the resistance movement. All Parties Hurriyat Conference also pays tribute to all those who laid down their lives for the cause during the ongoing movement which include Shaheed-e-Milat Moulana Mohammad Farooq, Shaheed-e-Hurriyat Khawja Abdul Gani Lone, Shaheed-e-Azeemat Sheikh Abdul Aziz, Shaheed S. Hameed, Shaheed Mohammad Maqbool Bhat, Shaheed Afzal Guru, Shaheed Mohammad Rafiq Shaheen and all other martyrs of the movement.
5. All Parties Hurriyat Conference also pledges that being the custodian of the blood of martyrs, it will continue its struggle to carry forward the mission of martyrs to its logical end. Inspite of all difficulties, All Parties Hurriyat Conference will continue its efforts at political local and international level to find a just and lasting solution of Kashmir issue.
6. All Parties Hurriyat Conference considers the steadfastness and commitment towards the movement unavoidable for the success in the purpose and while adhering to its constitution stand firmly it will continue the struggle with full determination and also expects from Kashmiri nation that keeping in view the priceless sacrifices offered for the movement the people will continue as always their commitment and support towards the cause.
7. All Parties Hurriyat Conference has always been for better relations between Pakistan and India and feels that a just solution of Kashmir issue is not only in the best interest of the people of Jammu and Kashmir but also the entire population of the Sub-continent. Supporting a meaningful dialogue among all the three parties All Parties Hurriyat Conference, however considers that without the actual participation of Kashmiris and without respecting the wishes and the sacrifices offered by them no dialogue process is going to bear fruit.
8. While feeling concerned about the health of the senior resistance leader Syed Ali Geelani All Parties Hurriyat Conference prays Allah for his speedy recovery.
Follow this link to join our WhatsApp group: Join Now
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.