7 houses damaged in Sopre fire

Srinagar: Seven residential houses were damaged in a major fire incident at Sopore this evening reportedly due to gas leakage.

Reports said that fire broke out Batpora Sopore  from the residential house of Bashir Ahmad Patigoroo and it soon engulfed at least seven neighbouring residential houses.

The reports mentioned that the leakage in the domestic gas cylinder took place in the house of Bashir Ahmad Patigoroo at about 5 in the evening. The fire gutted the whole house along with 6 other houses in the neighbourhood.

The 4 story house of Abdula Majeed wani, Ghulam Mohammad Wani , Mukhtar Ahmad Bhat, Imtiyaz Ahmad Altaf Ahmad were gutted due to the abrupt fire.

The eye witnesses said that the fire lasted for more than 6 hours and that the Fire and Emergency services swung in action and tried hard to extinguish the fire. 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS