SMHS Emergency Catches Fire

SRINAGAR: Fire broke out at SMHS hospital Tuesday evening, engulfing the emergency ward in flames.  

Witnesses said they suddenly saw flames in the emergency ward of SMHS and soon the fire tenders were pressed into action. Medical Superintendent of the hospital said all patients were rescued. “There was an abrupt fire in the emergency ward and the hospital staff quickly swung into action and rescued all the patients,” said Nazir.  

The cause of the fire isn’t clear but a police officer said the fire may have started due to short circuit. “The cause of the fire isn’t clear but there is a great likelihood that it may have occurred due to short circuit,” said the office. 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS