‘No cyberattack targeted Iran Oil Ministry’

0Shares

TEHRAN – Iranian energy official Ahmad Tavalaei has rejected reports about a cyberattack shutting down the Oil Ministry’s websites.

The head of the Communications and Information Technology of the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) said on Saturday that no cyberattack had been carried out against the Internet and communication systems of the Oil Ministry. 

“The website of the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) and Oil Ministry were temporarily shut down due to a technical problem that is being resolved,” Tavalaei explained.

The Iranian official pointed to the high network security of the Oil Ministry’s website and said the ministry’s information will not be compromised even in the event of a cyberattack. 

In late 2011, Iran launched a cyber defense headquarters tasked with preventing computer worms from breaking into or stealing data from the country’s maximum-security networks, including nuclear facilities, power plants, data centers and banks. 

In June 2010, Iranian officials had identified another virus called Stuxnet, and averted damage to the country’s industrial sites and resources.

 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS