'No Proposal From JK To Return Power Projects'

SRINAGAR: Putting chief minister Omar Abdullah in a difficult spot, the centre on Wednesday said that it had received no proposal so far from the Jammu and Kashmir government for the return of NHPC-run power projects to the state.

In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, the minister of state for power in the union cabinet said that Jammu and Kashmir had made no requests or proposals of buying back power projects from the Corporation.

The statement comes barely days after chief minister Omar Abdullah said that the NHPC would be allotted no new projects here unless it returned three plants, including Salal and Dulhasti.

The union minister said that the NHPC was presently running five projects in the state with a generating capacity of 1724 MW.

These, the minister said, include Salal (690 MW), Uri I (480 MW), Dulhasti (390 MW) Seva II (120 MW), Chutuk (44 MW).

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS