Kashmir is passing through a tumultuous phase .Kashmiris are fighting for their basic rights.They are facing the grave cultural, political, economic and military aggression. The oppressors are hell-bent to break their resolve and determination. There have been many subtle attempts from the oppressors to achieve their nefarious designs.
The courageous Kashmiri have always been thwarting these nefarious designs to dust and are posing a tough resistance for the oppressors. While fighting for their legitimate rights many serious social issues have emerged. Through many maverick and clever tactics Kashmiris have been pushed to a quagmire where they find their youth allured to drugs and obscene activites.
Youth on one or other pretext are being encouraged to drift away from their cherished cultural ethos, pragaash (under this programme, a selected group of young girls is being trained professionally to play music and other related activities in peculiar contour) being one such recent example.
These girl bands are later directed to display their art at official or public events where the ignoble ones relish such display. Many other perversions too have crept in our society. Likewise our economy too has been drained. Taking a serious and passionate view of this gloomy scenario, every Kashmir has to rise to the occasion to save his identity and live honorably; the following points need our immediate attention:
1. All the organizations fighting for the cause of Kashmiris should work united, belittling their individual existence and merging into collective grand alliance.
2. Intellectuals, academicians and scholars should device ways to mitigate the problems faced by widows, orphans and destitute.
3. Special rehabilitation centers should be created for drug addicts. Since the number is increasing day by day. Presently it is estimated to be two lac involving girls as well.
4. A joint charity alliance (based on collection from zakat/sadaqa/donation) should be formed for helping the poor and deserving, delinking it from any political or sectarian affiliation.
5. The religious preachers should come out from parochial approach they should understand the universal and tolerant teaching of Islam .Sectarian approach has to be dispensed with. Please stop exploiting innocents without wasting further time and energy.
6. Every learned and capable person should develop a live interaction in his locality to educate the people about our ethos and culture.
7. Instead of showing extravagance on marriage ceremonies, the money could have been utilized for helping the poor, building the hospitals and educational institutes.
8. WE have to safe guard our economic resources and have to be judicious enough in preserving our fertile land, forests and water resources.
Nasir Hussain Peerzadah
Malla Bagh, Srinagar
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.