SRINAGAR: Two army personnel died in the Naugam sector reportedly due to gas poisoning in their bunker on Thursday night even as four residential houses were severely damaged in Gulmarg village due to heavy snowfall.
According to reports from Handwara in north Kashmir, the two military men, belonging to the Jat Rifles, had died due to gas leaking from the coal heater in their bunker.
A third colleague, who had been found unconscious in the bunker, had been shifted to hospital and was in a serious condition.
Meanwhile, at least four families had a miraculous escape outside Gulmarg when their houses caved in due to heavy snowfall.
The villagers suffering severe damage to the homes were identified as Ghulam Ahmad Ganai of Trak Battpora, Sanaullah Khansa in Watalpora, Habibullah Lone in Baatu, and Habibullah Ganaie in Hari Watnu.
Be Part of Quality Journalism
Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.