Red Alert In Naugam Sector After Deadly Fight

0Shares

SRINAGAR (ONS) – The army has declared a red alert in the entire Naugam Sector on the LoC following a fierce encounter in the Lepa Valley which left three soldiers and two militants dead on Wednesday.

Search operations have been launched over a vast area where the entire forest tract has been sealed off.

The operation, launched after a 13-hour-long gunbattle, had been suspended due to darkness but was resumed this morning, with military helicopters flying over the sector.

A number of top-ranking army officers toured the area on Thursday, reviewing troop strategy to foil infiltration across the LoC.

Army patrolling has been stepped up, and the intelligence networks activated as defence authorities viewed the recent infiltration bid seriously.

Five militants were a part of the attempt, two of whom were killed, defence sources said, adding that the others had probably sneaked back across the LoC.

The three armymen killed in the fighting have been identified as constables Bhupinder Singh, Adhi Singh and Mahinder Pal Singh, all of the 17 Jat Rifles, authorities said. 

Be Part of Quality Journalism

Quality journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce and despite all the hardships we still do it. Our reporters and editors are working overtime in Kashmir and beyond to cover what you care about, break big stories, and expose injustices that can change lives. Today more people are reading Kashmir Observer than ever, but only a handful are paying while advertising revenues are falling fast.

ACT NOW
MONTHLYRs 100
YEARLYRs 1000
LIFETIMERs 10000

CLICK FOR DETAILS


Observer News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

KO SUPPLEMENTS